The cult favorite - now in production again
In the early '90s EHX sold thousands of Sovtek MIG-50 amps. Players
loved how they nailed that vintage 1959 tweed Bassman tone.
Unfortunately those "made in Russia" amps suffered from less than
stellar mechanical construction. But, even with their problems, they
continue to sell at super high prices because players really dig their
The Electro-Harmonix MIG-50 is a faithful reissue of the
original with solid improvements to the components and construction.
They are assembled by hand in their NYC factory and the build quality is
first rate. The result is a MIG-50 head with sound and tone that's a
proven winner in a really robust, road worthy package.
- 50 watt head
- 2 channels, each with its own
- volume control, channel 1 is normal, channel 2 is bright/high gain
- Treble, middle, bass and presence controls
- (2) Tung-Sol 5881 power tubes
- (3) Tung-Sol 12AX7 preamp tubes
- 110V, 117V, 230V, 50/60 Hz switchable
- External bias adjustment controls
- 4, 8, or 16 ohm speaker outputs